LEAP -Leadership Education Achievement Partnership - is a unique mentoring program of International Leadership Network (ILN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. ILN's mission is to develop and emplement programs that empower young people to succeed.
OBJECTIVE: to provide positive contacts between older students and younger students. These contacts are the vehicle for older students to develop their own leadership skills while teaching these skills and modeling them for younger students.
OUTCOMES: are different for the older and younger members of LEAP, yet both sets of outcomes focus on providing students with life skills which will enable them to be more successful in their future endeavors.
- Develop and practice leadership skills while mentoring students at-risk
- Provide a community service by volunteering to work with students at-risk
- Learn more about themselves by teaching others
Experience friendship and caring in a non-threatening environment
- Build skills of conflict resolution
- Build skills of goal setting and action planning
- Develop interaction and people skills
"LEAP is an answer to some of the problems faced by young people today that society has not been able to address. LEAP develops positive contacts between student mentors and students in need of good role models. The LEAP program offers the mentors excellent leadership training in the real world." Lisle Ramsey, ILN Founder
LEAP Manuals are available to assist schools in implementing LEAP programs.
LEAP counsel, assistance and support are available to help ensure the success of LEAP programs.